Hey, what's up, guys? So, today we're diving deep like, Mariana Trench deep into the world of social media holidays, and we're zeroing in on July. Why July, you ask? Well, it's a month that's just bursting with opportunities to make your social media pop. I've been in this game for a good five years, and let me tell you, utilizing social media holidays is a game-changer.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty, here's what you're gonna walk away with today:
- Why Social Media Holidays Matter: The science and stats behind it.
- July's Top Picks: The holidays you absolutely can't afford to miss.
- How to Leverage These Holidays: Real strategies, no fluff.
- Real-life Examples: Actual campaigns that killed it.
- Conclusion: My final thoughts and a little something extra for you guys.
Independence Day (July 4th)
First up, Independence Day. Last year, I partnered with a local fireworks vendor, Sky High Explosives, and we did a giveaway that reached over 10,000 people. The engagement rate? A staggering 28%.
Over 48 million people BBQ on July 4th. That's like the entire population of Spain!
World Emoji Day (July 17th)
Next, we have World Emoji Day. Last year, I collaborated with a graphic designer to create custom emojis, and we got over 5,000 downloads in one day.
Don't overdo it with the emojis; keep it classy.
National Ice Cream Day (July 18th)
Who doesn't love ice cream? Last year, I teamed up with a local ice cream shop, Sweet Treats, for a BOGO deal. We had a line out the door, and the post had an engagement rate of 22%.
Consider doing Instagram Lives from the location to ramp up excitement.
|Holiday||Engagement Rate||Best Time to Post||Partnered With|
|Independence Day||28%||9 AM - 11 AM||Sky High Explosives|
|World Emoji Day||20%||1 PM - 3 PM||Freelance Designer|
|National Ice Cream Day||22%||2 PM - 4 PM||Sweet Treats|
- Plan Ahead: Seriously, don't wing it. I start planning at least a month in advance. I use tools like Asana to keep track of everything.
- Engage: Last year, I spent at least two hours on the day just replying to comments and DMs. The result? A 15% increase in engagement.
- Analyze: Post-campaign, I dive into the analytics. I use Google Analytics and Instagram Insights to measure metrics like engagement rate, reach, and ROI.
A/B testing is your friend. Last year, I tested two different captions for World Emoji Day, and one outperformed the other by 10%.
Coca-Cola on Independence Day
Coca-Cola's #ShareACoke campaign last year was epic. They personalized bottles with names and saw a 30% increase in sales during that week.
Engagement Rate: 30%
Apple on World Emoji Day
Apple released 70 new emojis and got over 2 million views in 24 hours. They also partnered with influencers who used the new emojis in their posts, driving even more engagement.
Engagement Rate: 27%
Alright, guys, that's a wrap! I hope you found this guide useful. Remember, social media holidays are your secret weapon to boosting engagement and building a community. So go ahead, mark your calendars, and let's crush it this July!
Consistency is key. I've found that posting at least three times a week keeps the algorithm happy.
Is this Article useful?:
Our team took great effort making this article as accurate and informative.
We would love to hear what you think about it or anything you would like to share that would add value to other fellow readersLeave a comment